Accessibility Statement for Benefits Café
This is an accessibility statement from Benefitscafe.com, DBA: Professional Benefits & Insurance Services.
Measures to support accessibility
Professional Benefits & Insurance Services takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Benefits Café:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Benefits Café is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Benefits Café. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Benefits Café:
- Phone: +1 (323) 721-9121
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 280 N. Montebello Blvd., Suite 102, Montebello, CA 90640
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Benefits Café is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Accessibility compliance is expected with major web browsers.
Benefits Café is not compatible with:
- Compatibility with older web browsers cannot be assured. We recommend that end users keep web browsers updated to the latest version, and employ browser and operating system accessibility functionality/settings when available.
Accessibility of Benefits Café relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Benefits Café , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Benefits Café:
- To a minor degree, some contrasts on the site fall below the recommended foreground/background contrast ratio for low-vision users: The site’s home page and some global elements use accent colors to differentiate sections or interface items from one another. Effort has been made to provide the given content in secondary ways because in some instances site design limits our ability to fully comply. We are testing and monitoring the site ongoing and incrementally addressing the issues as resources allow. Please report to us accessibility issues when encountered.
- PDFs presenting compatibility limitations for accessibility: Some of the site’s older PDF documents may present accessibility limitations for screen readers and low-vision users because the PDFs were created several years ago with older software. We are testing and addressing specific content or removing PDFs with obsolete content. Please report to us which PDF document(s) presented accessibility limitations.
Professional Benefits & Insurance Services assessed the accessibility of Benefits Café by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- Evaluation is ongoing via PowerMapper, a proprietary accessibility testing software, the Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAVE) from Utah State University, and accessibility evaluation tools at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Our goal is to review, respond to and evaluate accessibility issues encountered and presented to us from our web site visitors.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Professional Benefits & Insurance Services
This statement was created on
17 December 2021
using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.