Rules for California Small Business Health Insurance
If you’ve got fewer than 100 employees in your company and you’d like to offer employee benefits, then you should know about the guidelines the State of California has established for group health insurance. These guidelines implement the Affordable Care Act (ACA, or Obama Care) requirements. All of the insurance companies (Aetna, Anthem, Kaiser, etc.) must follow these rules. Click on the PDF image below and you’ll learn about:
- Standardized Benefits
- Standardized Rates for Employees
- Eligible Employees
- Eligible Small Employer
- Minimum amount employers must pay for coverage
- Minimum percentage of employees who must enroll in your group plan
- Tax Credits available to small businesses
- Tax Advantages for employees and employers of group health insurance.
While the ACA has standardized many aspects of group health insurance, there is still a lot of variation that allows you to set up the plans that will best meet the needs of your company and your employees. Contact us now and we can help you (800)746-0045.
Click on the PDF image below for a concise understanding of small business health insurance: